Generic Biaxin Online (Clarithromycin) at Affordable Canadian Drugstore
Biaxin is an effective treatment option for mild to moderate infections caused by certain microorganisms in various diseases. It is specifically indicated for the following conditions:
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis caused by susceptible strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae or Haemophilus influenzae.
- Community-acquired pneumonia caused by susceptible strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, or Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by susceptible strains of Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Skin infections caused by susceptible strains of Staphylococcus.
- Uncomplicated bladder infections in women caused by susceptible strains of Escherichia coli.
Usage of Generic Biaxin
When prescribed Biaxin by your doctor, it is crucial to adhere to their specific instructions. The recommended dosage for most infections is 250-500 mg taken twice daily for seven to fourteen days. However, for some infections, your doctor may prescribe a longer course of up to 28 days.
To ensure the effectiveness of the treatment, it is important to take Biaxin exactly as prescribed without skipping any doses. If you do miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking two doses at the same time.
Biaxin can be taken with or without food. In case of stomach upset, taking it with food or milk may help. Additionally, it is advisable to drink plenty of fluids while taking Biaxin unless your doctor advises otherwise. Following these guidelines will help ensure a successful outcome and minimize the risk of side effects.
H. pylori Treatment Regimens
The standard treatment for H. pylori infection typically involves a combination of antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). The most commonly used antibiotics are clarithromycin (Biaxin) and amoxicillin, while the most common PPI is omeprazole (Prilosec).
There are several different regimens for the clarithromycin/amoxicillin/omeprazole combination, but the most widely used one is known as the “triple therapy.” This regimen involves taking all three medications twice daily for 14 days.
While the triple therapy is effective in treating H. pylori infection, it may cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to inform your doctor.
There are alternative regimens for clarithromycin/amoxicillin/omeprazole that may be more current and have fewer side effects. It is recommended that you discuss all your options with your doctor before commencing any treatment. This will enable you to make an informed decision that will result in the best outcome.
Side Effects of Generic Biaxin
There are a number of potential side effects associated with Biaxin, including:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rash or itching
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Joint pain
It is important to note that not all people who take Biaxin will experience side effects. In most cases, side effects are mild and resolve on their own with no need for medical intervention. However, if you do experience severe or persistent side effects, it is important to contact your doctor or healthcare provider.
You should not use Biaxin if you are allergic to it, or if:
- you had jaundice/liver problems that were the result of taking clarithromycin;
- you have kidney disease and will be taking an kidney function test;
- you are taking astemizole (Hismanal), terfenadine (Seldane), or cisapride (Propulsid).
To make sure Biaxin is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- liver/kidney disease;
- myasthenia gravis;
- a heart rhythm disorder;
- long QT syndrome;
- low levels of potassium; or
- if you take HIV medication.
You may be more likely to develop tendon problems while taking Biaxin if you are over 60 years old, if you take steroid medication, or if you’ve gone through transplant surgery.